Monday 19 April 2010

Deconstructing A Music magazine

I found deconstructing a music magazine front cover very useful and gave me a wider range of what I could include in my magazine cover.

The main functions of a music magazine are always the well known iconic features, such as the mast head name, the magazine cover image and the text illustrating the magazine photo. These features are essential to a music magazines because without them we'd have no idea what type of magazine is being presented. For this particular magazine the mast head 'Rolling Stone' was a very famous British rock band, so already there is an iconic feature which is related to music. There's then the actual main feature, the background image of yet another very well know solo artist 'Lady Gaga' with then the text to match.

In my magazine i tried to keep it as similar and close as i could to the 'Rolling Stone' and 'NME' magazine cover theme, because i believed they were the exact style my target audience would want to see. The Style i tired to create was a definite clash of rock and indie, but hopefully it does attract other social groups. as i believe my magazine is very versatile.




With deconstructing a music magazine contents page it really helped with creating my own. i took certain elements of this particular contents page discreetly added them in my own.

i find music magazine contents pages to be much more interesting and more formal than normal gossip magazines. I tired to do a mixture of both music and gossip style contents page i think it appeals to a wider range of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment